Drug growing equipment given a new life

Above: Cheshire Police Armed Forces rep Graham Evans handed over the equipment to Tim Jones, Operations Manager at Woody’s Lodge 

Equipment seized from drug dealers across Cheshire has been donated to a community project supporting armed forces veterans.

Cheshire Constabulary has made use of growing equipment seized from cannabis farms to support the veteran support hub at Woody’s Lodge Ty Gwalia – based in Denbighshire, North Wales.

Woody’s Lodge offers a range of support to veterans from the armed forces and all blue light services. There are now four hubs in the United Kingdom where such support is offered.

Materials donated from Cheshire Constabulary include nutrient products, plant pots and water dispensers, which will now be used to help with gardening projects at the lodge to grow produce such as tomatoes and strawberries.

Graham Evans, who is the Armed Forces Covenant Representative for the Constabulary, said: “I am grateful that the police has been able to donate the materials to Woody’s Lodge in Ty Gwalia in order to help veterans who need something to put their minds to after a difficult career in the forces.

“The idea behind this is to take materials from bad people who profited from ruining lives and give this equipment to good people to help rebuild theirs.”

Chief Constable Mark Roberts said: “I’m delighted that we are able to support veterans by taking equipment from criminals and then giving it to people who can make proper use of it.

“Going forward we are hoping to support others in our local communities with materials taken from drug farms, and this work also acts as a reminder to those considering such crimes that we will target and catch you.”

If you believe drug activity is taking place in your community please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can find all the signs you should be looking out for here https://www.cheshire.police.uk/police-forces/cheshire-constabulary/areas/cheshire/campaigns/campaigns/2019/impact/

Information can also be provided by calling Cheshire Constabulary on 101 or reporting via the website https://www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply