A three-year-old girl spent two days `fending for herself` while her mother lay dead on the floor of their home, an inquest has heard.
Avon saleswoman Sarah King, 40, collapsed after accidentally taking an overdose of prescription drugs.
Her body was found by boyfriend Gary Eastell, 39, who went round to her home in Mount Pleasant, Macclesfield on May 8, when she failed to respond to his text messages.
He found the little girl wandering around the property while her mother lay dead downstairs.
An inquest in Macclesfield heard the toddler may have been in the house alone with her mother`s body for up to two days before she was found.
Mr Eastall told the inquest he discovered the door was unlocked and walked inside, where he spotted Ms King and called the emergency services.
He said: `The home was a mess. But that was because she [the little girl] was fending for herself.
`She had got food in the room. Sarah was normally spotless.`
Ms King, who worked as an Avon saleswoman, had a long history of depression and had received psychiatric support for several bouts of the illness, dating back to the 1990s.
Ms King, who was separated from her child