We are super excited to be on our final countdown to Geronimo festival 2019! This bank holiday weekend we will be at Arley Hall Cheshire (24th – 27th May) with a whole festival of family fun ready for you to enjoy!
Team Geronimo is made up by parents, so we know what’s needed to create a fabulous family festival! We have been working hard to bring you lots of new experiences ensuring there’s something for everyone no matter what age – we have it all in one place for you!
With this in mind, we have created a top 10 parents’ survival list for a children’s festival:
1) Bring a drinking bottle
2) Wear comfy shoes; you will probably walk at least 10k!
3) Bring a rainproof jacket even if it’s sunny
4) Don’t forget sun lotion we do have complimentary supplies for you if you forget
5) Bring some of your kids favourite snacks as these will come in handy
6) Check out the programme when you arrive, the festival is huge make a plan of what activities you’d like to head to
7) Arrive early and make the most of your day. We are open for 11 hours but this won’t be enough time!
8) Try a new activity your family has never done and create some great memories
9) Please follow all signage on approach roads as this will lead you to the correct car park
10) Please check our website for a list for prohibited items www.geronimofest.com
Get them off their phones and play stations. There’s nothing better than being outdoors with your family and friends. It goes without saying that are you making priceless memories (without even realising it), but the health benefits of the great outdoors are recognised by all too…
- 1. Stress relief – after all those SATS and set exams, being outdoors allows children to relax and think of something else other than action transitive verbs! BUT, they are still learning… learn a new skill such as archery or use those problem solving skills and try to beat our escape rooms!
- 2. Fewer restrictions than indoors – children can run and jump and play – or in the case of your Geronimo visit, they can zoom on a zip line, jump in inflatable world or try Parkour (where gymnastics meets martial arts), climb on nets in the trees or build a wooden fort!
- 3. Just being outside is inspiring – but when we add the Geronimo twists you will find crazy things like lampshades hanging in trees – or even a tree with a HUGE face on it!
- 4. Being at Geronimo is so much fun so we have no doubt it will help you feel happier, but simply being outside allows children to naturally get some vitamin D, helping to improve moods and positive mental attitude.
- 5. Simply being together as a family – life is sooo busy, so we believe that coming to a children’s festival allows you to bond with your family and friends – joint experiences make great dinner table talk and we guarantee you will have plenty of photos to add into this years’ photo album!
And if all of the above isn’t enough to convince you that you should spend your bank holiday with us at Geronimo Festival here’s a few more… watch The Horsemen of the Knight battle it out in a jousting display, visit our main stage shows including cbeebies favourites Cook and line, Max and Harvey will be joining us, a 1000 seater big top circus is waiting to entertain you with 4 shows a day(!), bust some moves at our silent disco, visit our petting zoo or meet our animatronic T-Rex, meet and greet with the Gruffalo, witness not one, not two but three motorbike rides on the wall of death, try your skills at sock wrestling, get creative and make a city from cardboard or max out your creativity in the graffiti workshop!
After all that excitement we haven’t forgotten the mums and dads too – why not experience our wood burning hot tubs in our spa area – get that chilled festival vibe in the Cheshire countryside! The list goes on and one – there are oodles and oodles more activities for you all to enjoy!
What ever you decide to fill your day experiencing, make sure you get here early with a fully charged camera / phone! Your day is sure to be jam-packed with new new adventures, and we are sure you will be driving home with super tired, but super happy Geronimites! – or maybe consider staying with us! For that real festival vibe, you can camp with us for the entire weekend or if you want that more luxurious version of camping, try out our glamping options!
And did we mention that everything above is included in the price?! This makes our special offer of 2 for 1 tickets even more amazing value!
Geroniomo really is a family festival of fun and you won’t want to miss it!
Book now and make your bank holiday count…