Christ Church in Macclesfield will be open for Heritage Open Day tomorrow.
The church will be open from 11am to 4pm with:
- Costumed guides
- Music by players from the Macclesfield Music Centre
- Regular readings by the Reverend Simpson (or at least, our committee member John dressed in the appropriate style!) contemporary with the Georgian period
- Home-made cakes and biscuits and tea and coffee to purchase
- Children’s activities
- Free samples of a Georgian sweetmeat, to get you into the spirit of the time.
- The bell ringers will be ringing at 3pm to mark the proclamation of the new king, a pretty unique event I’m sure you’ll agree.